Tuesday, April 5, 2011

DIY Skin Care Recipes


It's been quite awhile since I've posted on the blog. I really wish that weren't true because I have so much to share. I literally have about 20 blog titles written down in my little journal, I just haven't had the time to post. I've been super busy in the lab making magic for my clients and I just recently moved to a new location. :-D

I rarely share skin care recipes, but since I've slacked off so much here, I think it's ok. On March 26, 2011, my first ever television segment aired on WXYZ Channel 7 News (Detroit). There I shared 2 very easy and effective skin care recipes that you can whip up in your kitchen. The recipes are posted below the video. And for those of you who are wondering, yes I do actually use these recipes. I use the toner daily and the mask as needed (1 or 2x a week). Right now I'm doing a skin care bootcamp because my temperamental skin has decided to act out on me o_O. So this week I'm doing a version of the mask everyday.

Here's to the Glam Life!



Antioxidant Facial Toner

What you’ll need:

1 cup of boiling water
1 bag of green or white tea
(I use white tea with blueberry and pomegranate)
1 tsp of pure honey

Directions:

Add the honey to hot water and stir.

Steep the tea in the honey and hot water mixture for 2 minutes.

Let tea cool to warm or room temperature.

Apply toner to the face and neck using your fingertips in an upward circular motion.

Let dry for 15-30 seconds before applying moisturizer or facial mask.


Strawberry Cream Facial Mask


What you’ll need:

3 strawberries, chopped
1 tsp of wheatgerm
(Can substitute with oatmeal)
2 tbsp (Organic) Whole Milk Plain Yogurt

Directions:

Mash the strawberries in a clean, dry bowl.

Add the wheatgerm (oatmeal) to the strawberries and mix.

Add the yogurt to the mixture and stir until completely mixed.

Apply to damp face and neck with fingertips. Feel free to lay it on thick.

Let dry for 15-20 minutes.

Rinse with warm water. Pat dry. Apply moisturizer.

1 comments:

Skin Care said...

Though I advocate the use of tested skin care products, DIY products in your regimen is a great alternative to it. Aside from spending less, the ingredients needed are often readily available in a regular grocery list.

Post a Comment