Monday, February 23, 2009

Maintenance Monday: 21 Days

"Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical"
--Sophia Loren

I agree with Sophia.... except I must admit oftentimes looking good on the outside helps me feel better inside. That pretty much explains why I am so passionate about personal care products. I know I've talked alot about perfecting that inner beauty. I think it is a task that is never quite complete. You can always do more to make yourself a better person; that is beautiful in itself. A big part of being successful in life is having goals... why not start from within?

Decide today on 3 to 5 things that you think would contribute to the growth of your personality, intellect and self esteem. I read in If It Is To Be, It's Up To Me by Thomas B. Smith that it takes 21 days to break bad habits and establish new ones. [My parents taught this principle to me first but I wanted to give you a solid reference.] So let today be the start of your 21 days. Concentrate on the things you decided you want to work on and do your very best. Don't slip up!!! If you get off track you have to start the 21 days all over. Think of it like a game and give yourself a positive incentive... when you succeed [notice I said WHEN, positive thinking goes a long way] reward yourself with a new pair of shoes or a trip to Coldstone Creamery (yummmm!)... anything to say to yourself "Well done honey!"

I'm 100% sure you will find this to be a productive excercise. I'd love to hear the success stories! Mark your calendars and begin your 21 day journey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment